2014 BIGFOOT Open House and Spooktacular Event Wrap-up!
October 17, 2014 (St. Louis, MO) – The weather tried its best to put a damper on our 8th Annual Open House and BIGFOOT Spooktacular. With the help of the Kevin and Tammy Gundaker and their excellent staff at Tri-City Speedway and the WHOLE BIGFOOT crew, not only did we get past everything the weather threw at us, but we were able to put on a fantastic show!
The Open House went off without a flaw. We had 6 trucks including BIGFOOT #1 on display along with the “Land of the Giants” truck club, Bommarito of Hazelwood, Firestone Tires, the Southern Crush Mini Monster Truck, and Tim Dyson and his freestyle motorcycles.
There was a band playing throughout the day and we even had an appearance by Tess Boyer who appeared on “The Voice.” She even sang a few songs!
We had Trick or Treating, face painting, and a balloon clown…even some of the BIGFOOT drivers dressed up!
Not being able to use the track infield due to the days and days of rain, we built a track in the pit area by the parking lot and were able to have an ALL BIGFOOT Wheelie, Race, and Freestyle competition. Tim Dyson performed his crazy stunts and Pleasant Cook and her Southern Crush Mini Monster Truck did an exhibition.
Our Wheelie contest winner was BIGFOOT Rookie Driver Josh Gibson – that says a lot, considering he was competing with almost all of his teammates!
Racing winner was none other than veteran Driver Dan Runte, who took the win over that same Rookie, Josh Gibson.
Freestyle winner was Larry Swim, who just beat out Darron Schnell. I’m not sure anyone knew it, but Larry served double duty, as he drove both his Firestone BIGFOOT #19 AND Dan’s 25th Anniversary Summit Racing BIGFOOT #18 in the Freestyle competition!
GREAT show and GREAT job by everyone, but the overall winners where the fans! They saw an awesome show that even featured BIGFOOT #5, the 10′ Tire Truck, crushing cars – NOT something you see every day! AND the whole thing was FREE.
Larry Swim in Firestone BIGFOOT
We would like to give a special “Thank you” to the following:
– Kevin and Tammy Gundaker and the entire staff at Tri-City Speedway
– Bommarito of Hazelwood, with particular thanks to Kevin Hall, Jerry Eickel, and Julie Chandler
– Doc’s Harley Davidson, with particular thanks to Rich Blosser
– Vinyl Images, with particular thanks to John and Joe Duever and Destiney Conley
– Land of the Giants
– Southern Crush Mini Monster
– Announcer Dewain Hulett
– Doug Welker with Big Squid RC and Trigger King RC
– Tess Boyer
– Marty’s Used Cars
– Scott Air Force Base Color Guard, Vocalist, & Alan Rohlfing
– Firestone Experience, with particular thanks to Charlie, Dave, Kristin, and Anastasia
– Our Entire BIGFOOT Family