Aleshin Leads the Way for Honda in Final Indy Car Pre-Season Practice
• Mikhail Aleshin leads Honda contingent in “The Test in the West”
• 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series opens March 12 in St. Petersburg, Florida
PHOENIX, Ariz. (February 11, 2017) – Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ Mikhail Aleshin led the Honda contingent at the two-day “Test in the West” at Phoenix International Raceway, posting the sixth fastest speed during the Saturday afternoon session as the Verizon IndyCar Series field completed preparations for the 2017 season. Continue reading Aleshin Leads the Way for Honda in Final Indy Car Pre-Season Practice
Honda Ridgeline Baja Race Truck Takes Third at Parker 425
• Ridgeline Baja Race Truck opens 2017 season with a podium result
• Racing version of current 2017 Honda Ridgeline
PARKER, Arizona (Feb. 5, 2017) – The Honda Ridgeline Baja Race Truck opened the 2017 off-road racing season with a strong performance Saturday in the southwestern Arizona desert, leading and finishing third in the “7200” class at the Parker 425.
The season-opening round of the Best In The Desert series, the Parker 425 features a rugged course with wide-ranging conditions, from sand washes and rough rock sections to wide-open rally roads. Continue reading Honda Ridgeline Baja Race Truck Takes Third at Parker 425
Top-Five Finish for Acura NSX GT3 at Daytona Debut
• Michael Shank Racing effort dominates nighttime hours of the Rolex 24
• Acura NSX GT3s lead 27 percent of race laps in 24-hour endurance classic
• Acura wins first GTD round of 2017 North American Endurance Championship
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 29, 2017) – The Acura NSX GT3 completed a highly successful endurance sports car racing debut Saturday and Sunday at the Daytona International Speedway in Florida, as a pair of Michael Shank Racing Acuras dominated the nighttime hours, leading 171 of 634 laps, prior to a best finish of fifth in the 27-car GTD field at the season-opening Rolex 24. Continue reading Top-Five Finish for Acura NSX GT3 at Daytona Debut
Acura Motorsports Report
IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship 24-hour endurance race
Daytona International Speedway (3.56-mile road course) Daytona Beach, FL
Weather: Mostly sunny, windy, mild, 78 degrees F
Top-10 Qualifying Runs for Michael Shank Racing at Daytona
• Acura NSX GT3s qualify seventh and ninth in competitive 27-car GTD field
• Acura effort heads all new GTD manufacturer entries
• Saturday’s Rolex 24 opens the 2017 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 26, 2017) – The Michael Shank Racing effort, led by drivers Andy Lally and Jeff Segal, posted top-10 runs in their Acura NSX GT3s during qualifying Thursday at Daytona International Speedway for this weekend’s Rolex 24, the opening round in the 2017 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Continue reading Acura Motorsports Report Rolex 24 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship 24-hour endurance race
Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3s Debut at Daytona
• First public WeatherTech SportsCar Championship outing for new Acura NSX GT3s
• Three-day test in preparation for season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona
• 2017 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season starts January 28
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 8, 2017) – The Michael Shank Racing effort, featuring a pair of new Acura NSX GT3 race cars and a stellar, eight-driver lineup of proven race winners, made its public debut this weekend at the “Roar Before the 24”, an open test conducted at Daytona International Speedway in preparation for the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season-opening Rolex 24 later this month. Continue reading Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3s Debut at Daytona
Shea Racing, Honda Performance Development
Expand 2017 Pirelli World Challenge Program
• Tom O’Gorman to run 2017 Honda Civic Si
• B-Spec champion O’Gorman moves up to TCA competition
• Shea Holbrook, Jason Fichter will campaign Honda Accords in TC
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (December 9, 2016) – Honda Performance Development is pleased to announce that Shea Racing will expand the team’s Pirelli World Challenge racing effort in 2017, fielding reigning B-Spec champion Tom O’Gorman in a new Honda Civic Si in the TCA category, while continuing to run a pair of Touring Car-class Honda Accords for drivers Shea Holbrook and Jason Fichter.
The all-new 2017 Honda Civic Si, featuring exclusive racing parts developed by HPD and its partners, will also be available to Honda Racing Line customers who wish to build and race their own cars. Continue reading Shea Racing, Honda Performance Development Expand 2017 Pirelli World Challenge Program
Hunter-Reay, Rahal Complete Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Rolex 24 Lineup
• Ryan Hunter-Reay and Graham Rahal complete Michael Shank Racing lineup for season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway
• Pair to join MSR drivers Tom Dyer, Andy Lally, Katherine Legge, Ozz Negri, Jeff Segal and Mark Wilkins at Daytona
SANTA CLARITA, CA (Dec. 8, 2016) – Indianapolis 500 winner and series champion Ryan Hunter-Reay will join Verizon IndyCar Series race winner Graham Rahal to complete the Michael Shank Racing (MSR) Acura NSX GT3 driving lineup at the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway in January.
The Indy car pilots will join MSR full-season drivers Andy Lally, Katherine Legge, Oswaldo “Ozz” Negri Jr., and Jeff Segal; and endurance drivers Tom Dyer and Mark Wilkins, aboard the #86 and #93 Acura NSX GT3s which the team will field at Daytona in the opening round of the 2017 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Continue reading Hunter-Reay, Rahal Complete Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Rolex 24 Lineup
2017 Acura NSX GT3 Driver Lineup Features Talent, Experience
• Michael Shank Racing to campaign in IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship with drivers Lally, Legge, Negri, Segal
• RealTime Racing drivers Eversley, Kox to compete in SCCA Pirelli World Challenge
• Driver Meet-and-Greet at the Acura SEMA Booth 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 1
LAS VEGAS (Nov. 1, 2016) – Acura Motorsports today announced that Michael Shank Racing (MSR) and RealTime Racing will field impressive and experienced driver lineups in the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and SCCA Pirelli World Challenge. Continue reading 2017 Acura NSX GT3 Driver Lineup Features Talent, Experience
RealTime Acuras Both Earn Top-10 Finishes in World Challenge Season Finale
• Ryan Eversley finishes sixth in season standings to lead 2016 Acura PWC effort
• Spencer Pumpelly finishes ninth in season finale for RealTime Racing
• Acura drivers gained 14 positions from their starting spots on Sunday
MONTEREY, Calif. – (October 11, 2016) – The 2016 Pirelli World Challenge season ended with a bang Sunday afternoon in Monterey, California, as the Acura TLXs of RealTime Racing deftly avoided a last-lap dustup and finished with a pair of top-10 finishes in the season finale.
A late caution forced a one-lap shootout for the win on the twisty 2.238-mile Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca layout, but Spencer Pumpelly sidestepped trouble to finish ninth, while Ryan Eversley survived late contact and followed his teammate home for a 10th-place result. Eversley’s result moved him to sixth place in the PWC GT final standings, matching the best season result ever posted by the Acura TLX GT. Continue reading RealTime Acuras Both Earn Top-10 Finishes in World Challenge Season Finale
Honda, Olsbergs MSE Finish the 2016 Red Bull Global Rallycross Season
• Joni Wiman Captures Fifth-Place Finish for Olsbergs MSE
• All Three Honda Racing Drivers Competed in the Final Race of 2016
• Honda Secures a Third-Place Finish in the Season-Long Manufacturers’ Championship
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (October 9, 2016) – In the final event of the 2016 Red Bull Global Rallycross season, Honda and Olsbergs MSE collected another top-five finish with driver Joni Wiman. The result caps off the manufacturer’s first season competing in Red Bull GRC, with a total of five podium results in the turbocharged 2016 Honda Civic Coupe. Continue reading Honda, Olsbergs MSE Finish the 2016 Red Bull Global Rallycross Season
Honda, Olsbergs MSE Prepare for Global Rallycross Season Finale in Los Angeles
• Sebastian Eriksson and Joni Wiman Look to Defend Podium Results from Seattle
• Honda Civic Coupes Debut on Home Turf, in Southern California
• Honda is in a Battle for Second Place in Season-Long Manufacturers’ Championship
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (October 4, 2016) – In the final Red Bull Global Rallycross Championship events of the season, the Olsbergs MSE team and drivers Sebastian Eriksson and Joni Wiman anticipate an exciting doubleheader weekend at the Port of Los Angeles. Red Bull Global Rallycross Los Angeles Presented by Honda will not only feature sponsorship from the manufacturer, but the shortest circuit of the 2016 season, at just .699 miles in length. Continue reading Honda, Olsbergs MSE Prepare for Global Rallycross Season Finale in Los Angeles
Honda, Acura Racers Claim Six SCCA National Championships
• Runoffs results reflect impact of Honda Racing Line Program
• Podium sweep in Super Touring Light, Formula F
• Honda drivers also win P1, B-Spec, STU and GTL
LEXINGTON, Ohio. (Sept. 26, 2016) – Honda and Acura racers won six Sports Car Club of America national championship titles, including podium sweeps in both the competitive Super Touring Light category and Formula F, at the 2016 SCCA National Championship Runoffs, contested this past weekend at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Continue reading Honda, Acura Racers Claim Six SCCA National Championships
RealTime Acura TLX GTs Score a Pair of Top-10 Results In Sonoma
• Ryan Eversley finishes 10th in Saturday’s opener
• Peter Kox earns top 10 in his first weekend in the Acura TLX GT
• Eversley will fight for top-five finish in the championship at season finale
SONOMA, California – (September 18, 2016) – The RealTime Racing Acura TLX GT squad dealt with its share of adversity over the weekend at Sonoma, but persevered through a pair of tough Pirelli World Challenge races to earn two top-10 results.
Looking to solidify a spot in the top five of the PWC GT drivers’ standings, Ryan Eversley earned solid points-paying finishes of 10th and 12th in the weekend’s two events. Meanwhile, Peter Kox made his first-ever PWC starts in the #34 Acura TLX and came away with a 15th-place run in the opener on Saturday, and a 10th-place finish in Sunday’s event. Continue reading RealTime Acura TLX GTs Score a Pair of Top-10 Results In Sonoma
Rahal, Honda Run Second at Sonoma
• Strong close nets Rahal fifth in championship
• Hunter-Reay battles to fourth at the finish
• Rossi finishes fifth, claims series Rookie of the Year Honors
Hot temperatures and resulting tire wear led to a variety of race strategies in Sunday’s Verizon IndyCar Series season finale at Sonoma Raceway, with Honda driver Graham Rahal coping best with the conditions to finish second, moving him to fifth in the championship after a strong end-of-season run that included a victory last month at Texas Motor Speedway.
Starting fifth, the Rahal Letterman Lanigan team kept its driver on a three-stop strategy that proved to be the correct plan, as utilized by the top six finishers in the 85-lap contest. In the final laps, Rahal closed on eventual race winner – and 2016 series champion – Simon Pagenaud, but was not able to make a move for the victory. Still, the second place result, coupled with his win in Texas, second at Barber Motorsports Park and five additional top-five finishes, netted Rahal fifth in the championship.
Honda’s Indianapolis 500 winner, Alexander Rossi, appeared headed for a fourth-place finish but ran short of fuel, enabling his Andretti Autosport teammate, Ryan-Hunter Reay, to nab the position on the final lap. Fifth was still more than sufficient for Rossi to claim 2016 Rookie of the Year honors and finish ninth in the championship.
Finishing fourth, Hunter-Reay added to a 2016 tally that included three podium finishes and a pair of fourths to end the season 10th in the championship.
Contact Dents Honda, Michael Shank Racing Effort in Texas
• Minor impact results in cut tire, unscheduled pit stop
• Tight Manufacturers’ Championship battles continue to season finale
WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Lone Star Le Mans
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas (3.40-mile road course) Austin, TX
Weather: Partly sunny, hot, 90 degrees F
AUSTIN, TX (September 17, 2016) – A strategic approach by Michael Shank Racing to a hot and humid IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race Saturday at the Circuit of the Americas was blunted by mid-race contact that prevented a potential podium finish for the Honda-powered effort.
Starting the two hour, 40-minute contest at the rear of the combined Prototype and Prototype Challenge field so that non-qualifying driver Ozz Negri could start the race, the MSR Ligier JSP2 Honda quickly worked through the PC class entries in the opening laps. Continue reading Contact Dents Honda, Michael Shank Racing Effort in Texas
Olsbergs MSE, Honda Capture First Red Bull GRC Double-Podium Result
• Sebastian Eriksson and Joni Wiman Finish Second and Third
• First Double-Podium Result in Manufacturer’s Inaugural Year in Red Bull GRC
• Eriksson’s Fourth Podium Result, Highest Finish of the Season (Second Place)
SEATTLE, WA. (September 17, 2016) – For the first time in the manufacturer’s history, Honda Olsbergs MSE drivers Sebastian Eriksson and Joni Wiman captured a double-podium finish in Red Bull Global Rallycross competition on Saturday at Evergreen Speedway. With the result, Honda has now tallied five podium finishes in its inaugural season in Red Bull GRC.
After enduring the rain and mud-soaked conditions, Eriksson piloted his No. 93 Honda Red Bull OMSE Civic Coupe to a second-place finish, while his teammate, Wiman, finished third. Both drivers displayed superb car control through the difficult circumstances. Eriksson’s inside starting position on the middle of the front row and Wiman’s, on the inside of the third row, proved to be the edge the team needed to secure the second and third positions through the hole shot. Continue reading Olsbergs MSE, Honda Capture First Red Bull GRC Double-Podium Result
Rahal, Hunter-Reay Head Honda Qualifying at Sonoma
• Rahal to start fifth in best qualifying result of 2016
• Hunter-Reay posts fifth top-six qualifying run of the season
• Sonoma Raceway weekend wraps up 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season
Honda’s Graham Rahal and Ryan Hunter-Reay both advanced to the final round of Verizon IndyCar Series “knockout” qualifying Saturday at Sonoma Raceway, with Rahal recording his top qualifying performance of the season to start Sunday’s season-finale fifth.
Ryan Hunter-Reay, fourth-quickest in Friday’s practice sessions, will start sixth, with his Andretti Autosport teammate, Indianapolis 500 winner Alexander Rossi, qualifying eighth after advancing to the second round. The Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda of Mikhail Aleshin also made it to second-round qualifying and will start 11th.
Sunday’s 85-lap Indy car season finale starts at 6:30 p.m. EDT, with live network television coverage on the NBC Sports Network.
GRAHAM RAHAL (#15 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Honda): “It was a really solid end to the day for the Steak ‘n Shake team. We have had to work very hard to get ourselves into a good [starting] spot. I don’t think any session was smooth for us, but to come out of qualifying as the top Honda is something that makes us very proud. We’re fifth, and have [just] four Penskes ahead of us. My guys have worked very hard; we’re the little team that can. Tomorrow, hopefully, we can get a victory. It would mean a lot to end the season strong. Obviously we’ve got championship contenders in front of us, and we’ve got to be smart about what we’re doing tomorrow. But we’re here to win. I’m not going to sit around and wait for someone else to do it. We just have to have a good, solid race.”
Hunter-Reay, Rossi Post Top-Five Times Friday for Honda at Sonoma
• Munoz joins Andretti Autosport teammates in the top seven
• Sonoma Raceway weekend wraps up 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season
Led by Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport placed three Honda drivers in the top seven Friday at Sonoma Raceway, in practice for Sunday’s GoPro Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma, the final race in the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season.
Hunter-Reay, who finished second at Sonoma in both 2014 and ’15, ended the day fourth fastest, with teammate and Indianapolis 500 winner Alexander Rossi posting the fifth-quickest time. Carlos Munoz completed the top-seven runners on Friday in his Andretti Autosport Honda.
Activities at Sonoma continue Saturday with final practice and qualifying. Sunday’s 85-lap Indy car season finale starts at 6:30 p.m. EDT, with live network television coverage on the NBC Sports Network.
Ryan Hunter-Reay (#28 Andretti Autosport Honda): “It was a positive day overall. I think we left some time on the table. We know where we have some [handling] imbalances to sort out tonight, [so we can] come back and start Practice Three and carry on into a qualifying effort. It’s a good platform – we’re fourth right now, and it’s encouraging for the DHL team. We’ve finished second here the last two years in a row, so we’re really hoping to climb one more step up that podium this weekend.”
RealTime Racing Acuras Looking To Stay in Top Five at Sonoma
• Acura TLX GT has earned top-five finishes in six of last seven races
• Ryan Eversley stands fifth in series driver points
• Acura in top five in Manufacturers’ Championship with three races remaining
• Eversley leads the series in points scored over last eight races
MARYSVILLE, Ohio (September 16, 2016) – Acura’s Pirelli World Challenge GT program rounds the clubhouse turn and heads for home this weekend, as the RealTime Racing Acura TLX GTs look to continue their late-season surge at Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, CA.
Second-year PWC driver Ryan Eversley has taken his blue-and-white #43 RealTime Acura TLX GT to top-five finishes in six of the last seven races, strengthening his grip on the fifth spot in the drivers’ championship. Eversley’s charge has seen him lead the series in points scored over the last eight races, aiding Acura’s move into fifth place in the competitive Manufacturers’ Championship. Continue reading RealTime Racing Acuras Looking To Stay in Top Five at Sonoma
Michael Shank Racing, RealTime Racing To Lead 2017 Acura NSX GT3 Effort
• Twin turbocharged NSX supercar to campaign in both WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and Pirelli World Challenge in 2017
• Two-car efforts in each series
• NSX slated to complete FIA GT3 homologation this year
TORRANCE, CA (Sept. 16, 2016) – Acura Motorsports today announced that Michael Shank Racing will lead the company’s effort in the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, while RealTime Racing will continue to head the manufacturer’s attack in the SCCA Pirelli World Challenge. Each team will field a pair of new Acura NSX GT3 race cars, now being prepared for FIA homologation. Continue reading Michael Shank Racing, RealTime Racing To Lead 2017 Acura NSX GT3 Effort