Rossi Dominates Crash-Marred Pocono Run
• Alexander Rossi leads 180 of 200 laps, scores third IndyCar Series win of 2018
• Gains ground on fellow Honda driver Scott Dixon in championship battle
• Early multi-car crash injures Robert Wickens
LONG POND, Penn. (August 18, 2019) – Already a winner of one 500-mile race – the historic 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 in 2016 – Alexander Rossi added another “500” win to his IndyCar Series career total today with a dominating performance at the ABC Supply 500 at Pocono Raceway. Continue reading Rossi Dominates Crash-Marred Pocono Run
Legge, Farnbacher Finish A Fighting Third in Virginia
• Katherine Legge, Mario Farnbacher feature in rough-and-tumble GTD fight
• Fifth podium finish of season moves Legge within 13 points of championship lead
• Tire gamble fails to pay off for Lawson Aschenbach and Justin Marks
ALTON, VA (August 19, 2018) – A wild GT-only WeatherTech SportsCar Championship run today at Virginia International Raceway found the Acura NSX GT3 of Katherine Legge in the midst of a three-way battle for victory in the final laps of the two-hour, 40-minute contest.
Legge’s third-place finish gained significant ground for both herself and Acura in the season-long battle for the drivers’ and manufacturers’ championships.
Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3s
Starting seventh after a disappointing qualifying run on Saturday, Mario Farnbacher moved the #86 Meyer Shank Racing to sixth in his opening stint, before handing the driving duties over to Legge at the first round of pit stops. Continue reading Legge, Farnbacher Finish A Fighting Third in Virginia
Ridgeline Baja Race Truck Takes Class Victory at Vegas to Reno
• Honda Off-Road Racing Team wins BITD Vegas to Reno off-road race
• Third win of 2018 follows class victories at Parker 425, Baja 500
LAS VEGAS, Nev. (August 19, 2018) – The Honda Off-Road Racing Team and its Ridgeline Baja Race Truck continued their winning ways this weekend at the General Tire Vegas to Reno race, claiming a third class victory in four events this season.
A part of the Best In The Desert series of off-road races, the “V2R” is the longest event of its type in the United States and features a unique set of challenges, including high ambient temperatures, substantial elevation changes and the constant potential of sudden, strong rain storms. The course is also known for several high-speed sections, stretches of deep silt and thick dust that can make overtaking difficult. Continue reading Ridgeline Baja Race Truck Takes Class Victory at Vegas to Reno
Rossi, Hunter-Reay Lead Honda Qualifying Runs at Pocono
• Alexander Rossi, Ryan Hunter-Reay make up second row of starting grid
• Robert Wickens again leads rookies with sixth-place qualifying run
• Honda drivers claim seven of top 10 qualifying spots
LONG POND, Penn. (August 18, 2018) – Already a winner of one 500-mile race – the historic 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 in 2016 – Alexander Rossi led the Honda field in qualifying today for Sunday’s ABC Supply 500. Rossi will start on the inside of the second row, third, with his Andretti Autosport teammate and 2015 Pocono race winner Ryan Hunter-Reay alongside, in fourth.
In his first visit to the unique, three-turn Pocono oval, Robert Wickens will start sixth for Honda and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, with Zach Veach making his own impressive rookie run to qualify seventh. Sebastien Bourdais qualified eighth in his DCR Racing with Vasser-Sullivan Honda. Continue reading Rossi, Hunter-Reay Lead Honda Qualifying Runs at Pocono
Aschenbach Leads Acura Qualifying in Virginia
• Lawson Aschenbach and Justin Marks will start seventh for Meyer Shank racing
• Mario Farnbacher qualifies eighth in NSX GT3 he will co-drive with Katherine Legge
DANVILLE, VA (August 18, 2018) – Lawson Aschenbach led the way for Acura Saturday at the classic Virginia International Raceway road course, qualifying seventh in his #93 Acura NSX GT3 in preparation for Sunday’s Michelin GT Challenge at VIR.
Although today’s qualifying was held in hot and humid – but dry – conditions, heavy rains descended on the VIR grounds at the end of GTD qualifying, and the weather forecast for Sunday’s two-hour, 40-minute race also includes a high probability of rain. Continue reading Aschenbach Leads Acura Qualifying in Virginia
Acura NSX GT3s Again the Focus at VIRginia International Raceway
• Meyer Shank Racing, Katherine Legge continue GTD title challenge
• Lawson Aschenbach, Justin Marks seek to turn speed into results
• Mario Farnbacher returns to the MSR driver lineup
TORRANCE, Calif. (August 15, 2018) – Acura’s NSX GT3s head to the fast and challenging VIRginia International Raceway road course this weekend, as Meyer Shank Racing and Katherine Legge continue their fight for the GTD class championship.
Located in the rolling hills of southern Virginia, VIR is the scene for the second of two rounds exclusively featuring the GT categories of the 2018 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Legge and her MSR team currently are second in the GTD title battle, with three rounds remaining. Continue reading Acura NSX GT3s Again the Focus at VIRginia International Raceway
Tom O’Gorman Wins Twice in Civic Si, Eversley Two Podiums in Utah
Ryan Eversley holds series lead with two races left in season
• Honda Civic Si driver Tom O’Gorman extends his points lead with two wins from pole
• Eversley’s podiums give him seven-point margin in championship chase
TOOELE, Utah (August 12, 2018) – RealTime Racing driver Ryan Eversley kept a firm grip on the World Challenge Touring Car Series points lead that he has cultivated all season long with a pair of podium finishes Sunday, bringing his Honda Civic Type R home in third place in both Saturday and Sunday races at Utah Motorsports Campus.
Eversley chased Bryan Herta Autosport drivers Michael Lewis and Mark Wilkins throughout two trying events on the 3.048-mile road circuit outside of Salt Lake City, but was unable to prevent the Hyundai drivers from earning 1-2 sweeps in both races.
Meanwhile, Honda driver Tom O’Gorman dominated the weekend in his RealTime Racing Honda Civic Si, solidifying his points standing with a pair of easy victories in the TCA class. Continue reading Tom O’Gorman Wins Twice in Civic Si, Eversley Two Podiums in Utah
Acura’s Cameron, Montoya Finish Fifth at Road America
• Juan Pablo Montoya and Dane Cameron score fifth top-five result of 2018
• Alvaro Parente, Katherine Legge finish seventh in GTD
• GTD championship fight continues into final three races
ELKHART LAKE, WI (August 5, 2018) – Fuel strategy and contact between competitors determined the outcome of Sunday’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase, with Dane Cameron and Juan Pablo Montoya combining to bring their Acura Team Penske ARX-05 prototype home fifth.
In the GTD class, Katherine Legge and Alvaro Parente combined to finish seventh in another tight contest, with the majority of the field fighting for position right up to the checkers at the end of the two-hour, 40-minute WeatherTech SportsCar Championship event. Continue reading Acura’s Cameron, Montoya Finish Fifth at Road America
Front Row Start for Acura at Road America
• Ricky Taylor qualifies Acura ARX-05 prototype second
• Fifth front-row start for Acura Team Penske in 2018
• Katherine Legge qualifies her Acura NSX GT3 seventh in tight GTD field
ELKHART LAKE, WI (August 4, 2018) – Ricky Taylor led the way for Acura Saturday at the classic Road America road course, qualifying second in his Acura ARX-05 prototype in preparation for Sunday’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase.
Taylor’s effort marked the fifth front-row qualifying result for Acura Team Penske in eight races this season, including poles at Long Beach and the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Continue reading Front Row Start for Acura at Road America
Acura Teams Push For Road America Success
• Acura Team Penske seeks second debut-season victory
• Meyer Shank Racing, Katherine Legge continue GTD title challenge
• Prototype class returns to WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at Road America
TORRANCE, Calif. (August 2, 2018) – After the GT-only round at Lime Rock Park two weeks ago, Acura teams and drivers head to scenic Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, as the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship continues the July-August stretch drive of the 2018 season.
The Road America round also includes the return of the prototype class to IMSA competition after a one-race layoff at Lime Rock, with Acura Team Penske looking to add a second victory in the inaugural season for the Acura ARX-05, following a 1-2 result at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in May. In the GTD division, Meyer Shank Racing and driver Katherine Legge continue their challenge for the championship, and remain second in the title chase after seven of 11 races. Continue reading Acura Teams Push For Road America Success
Rossi Dominates Honda Indy 200
• Alexander Rossi scores second victory of 2018, climbs to second in drivers’ title fight
• Robert Wickens completes 1-2 finish for Honda
• Third consecutive IndyCar Series victory for Honda, eighth win of 2018
• Multiple battles highlight race, including Sebastien Bourdais’ charge from 24th to sixth
LEXINGTON, Ohio (July 29, 2018) – Alexander Rossi and his Honda-powered Andretti Autosport crew successfully pulled off a two-pit stop strategy Sunday to win the Honda Indy 200. Rossi’s second victory of the season moves him to second in the Drivers’ Championship after 13 of 17 races, 46 points behind fellow Honda driver Scott Dixon (494-448), who finished fifth today. Continue reading Rossi Dominates Honda Indy 200
Rossi, Honda Claim Pole in Mid-Ohio Qualifying
• Alexander Rossi will lead the field to the green flag in Sunday’s Honda Indy 200
• Third pole of 2018 for Rossi
• Ryan Hunter-Reay to start third, Robert Wickens fifith for Honda
LEXINGTON, Ohio (July 28, 2018) – Alexander Rossi took his Andretti Autosport Honda to the pole today in qualifying for Sunday’s Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, leading both the opening and final rounds of “knockout” IndyCar Series qualifying to take his third pole of 2018, and fourth career IndyCar Series pole.
In the third and last qualifying round, Rossi completed just a single flying lap on the quicker, softer-compound “Red” [sidewall] tires. But his time of 1:04.6802 (125.677 mph) was more than two-tenths of a second quicker than Will Power’s best lap, a significant margin in a day otherwise notable for very close qualifying times. Continue reading Rossi, Honda Claim Pole in Mid-Ohio Qualifying
Hunter-Reay, Honda Head Indy Car Field at Mid-Ohio
• Ryan Hunter-Reay tops the time charts in opening day of practice for Honda Indy 200
• Sebastien Bourdais leads morning practice sessions for Honda, sixth overall
• Local favorite Graham Rahal runs third
LEXINGTON, Ohio (July 27, 2018) – Ryan Hunter-Reay headed the time sheets in the second – and generally quicker – of two Verizon IndyCar Series practice sessions today at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in preparation for Sunday’s Honda Indy 200.
Hunter-Reay posted a fast lap of 1:05.195 (124.684 mph) around the hilly Mid-Ohio road course during a simulated qualifying run in the second practice session to secure the top spot on the day. In the morning session, Sebastien Bourdais led the 24-car field for Honda, with a time that left him sixth fastest overall. Continue reading Hunter-Reay, Honda Head Indy Car Field at Mid-Ohio
Legge, Parente Run Fourth at Lime Rock
• Katherine Legge, Alvaro Parente maximize strategy to finish fourth in GT-only run
• Legge, Acura remain second in tight GTD drivers’, manufacturers’ championship battles
• Lawson Aschenbach, Justin Marks victims of early-race contact
LAKEVILLE, CT (July 21, 2018) – A fourth-place finish Saturday at Lime Rock Park for Alvaro Parente and Katherine Legge in their #86 Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 keeps both Legge and Acura in the thick of the close GTD championship battles after seven of 11 rounds in the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3
The Meyer Shank Racing NSX GT3s started the weekend on a positive note, with the #86 Acura of Katherine Legge and Alvaro Parente ending the hour-long session second fastest in GTD, with teammates Lawson Aschenbach and Alvaro Parente sixth in their #93 NSX GT3. Continue reading Legge, Parente Run Fourth at Lime Rock
Acura NSX GT3s Start Off Strong at Lime Rock Park
• Lawson Aschenbach takes his Meyer Shank Racing Acura to second-quickest on the day
• Katherine Legge posts third-fastest time in her NSX GT-3
• GT-only WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race takes place on Saturday
LAKEVILLE, CT (July 20, 2018) – As has been the case throughout much of the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season, three Friday practice sessions at the fast, tight, Lime Rock Park road course resulted in an extremely close field. The three hour-longs sessions meant a busy day for drivers and teams, and at the end of the final practice the pair of Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3s were at the sharp end of the time sheets.
Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3
The Meyer Shank Racing NSX GT3s started the weekend on a positive note, with the #86 Acura of Katherine Legge and Alvaro Parente ending the hour-long session second fastest in GTD, with teammates Lawson Aschenbach and Alvaro Parente sixth in their #93 NSX GT3. Continue reading Acura NSX GT3s Start Off Strong at Lime Rock Park
Acura NSX GT3s Take Center Stage at Lime Rock Park
• Meyer Shank Racing, Katherine Legge and Alvaro Parente continue GTD title challenge
• Lawson Aschenbach, Justin Marks welcome the challenge of Lime Rock “Bull Ring”
• IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship stretch drive continues at Lime Rock Park
TORRANCE, Calif. (July 19, 2018) – Acura’s NSX GT3s head to Lime Rock Park in Connecticut this weekend for the first of two rounds in the 2018 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship where the GT categories are the featured classes, with the #86 Meyer Shank Racing Acura of Katherine Legge and Alvaro Parente in the thick of the GTD title fight. Continue reading Acura NSX GT3s Take Center Stage at Lime Rock Park
Eversley Wins Again In Portland, Extends Points Lead
• Ryan Eversley scores season’s third win for Honda Civic Type R
• Eversley widens World Challenge Touring Car R series points lead with victory
• Honda Civic Si driver Tom O’Gorman also extends his points lead with a double podium
PORTLAND, Ore. (July 15, 2018) – RealTime Racing driver Ryan Eversley fought back after a heartbreaking Saturday race in Portland to claim his third win of the season in the Pirelli World Challenge Touring Car R series in Sunday’s weekend finale at Portland International Raceway.
Eversley was joined by a former World Challenge GT class rival in the Honda Civic Type R this weekend as Michael Cooper took over the #44 RealTime machine, and giving that car its best weekend of the season with third- and fourth-place finishes. Continue reading Eversley Wins Again In Portland, Extends Points Lead
Dixon, Honda Win in Toronto
• Scott Dixon scores his third victory of 2018 at the Honda Indy Toronto, extends championship lead
• Hometown favorites Robert Wickens finishes third, James Hinchcliffe fourth
• Honda records seventh Indy car win of the season
TORONTO, Ont., Canada (July 15, 2018) – Continuing his mid-season charge towards a possible fifth championship, Scott Dixon took control of the Honda Indy Toronto on Lap 33 of the 85-lap contest, and went on to score his third victory of 2018 and take a 62-point lead in the fight for the title. Continue reading Dixon, Honda Win in Toronto
Front-Row Start for Dixon, Honda at Toronto
• Scott Dixon qualifies second for Sunday’s Honda Indy Toronto
• Alexander Rossi, Ryan Hunter-Reay also advance to final qualifying round
• Sporadic rain, changing track conditions challenge teams and drivers
TORONTO, Ont., Canada (July 14, 2018) – Sporadic light rain showers and the resulting ever-changing track conditions threw constant challenges at Verizon IndyCar Series teams and drivers today in qualifying for Sunday’s Honda Indy Toronto. At the end of three rounds of frantic knockout qualifying, Scott Dixon qualified second fastest to lead the Honda field, and will start on the outside of the front row. Continue reading Front-Row Start for Dixon, Honda at Toronto
Dixon, Sato Head Honda Attack in Practice at Toronto
• Scott Dixon dominates practice, leads both sessions for Honda
• Takuma Sato ends day second quickest
• Honda drivers, teams claim top five positions for the day
TORONTO, Ont., Canada (July 13, 2018) – Scott Dixon headed the time charts in both practice sessions today in preparation for Sunday’s Honda Indy Toronto, as Honda drivers claimed the top five positions – and eight of the top 10 – for the day. Continue reading Dixon, Sato Head Honda Attack in Practice at Toronto