Eighth-Place Finish for Acura NSX GT3 at Sebring
• Pit strategy sees Dyer, Negri, Segal NSX GT3 finish eighth
• Lally, Legge, Wilkins NSX GT3 finish 14th, delayed by suspension issue
• 65th running of 12-hour endurance racing classic
SEBRING, Fla. (March 18, 2017) – Acura Motorsports and Michael Shank Racing faced the toughest test in North American sports car racing – the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring – and succeeded in bringing both of the team’s Acura NSX GT3’s to the finish in Saturday’s 65th running of the endurance classic.
After 12 hours of incredibly hard racing around the bumpy, demanding 3.7-mile Sebring circuit, built on the grounds of a former World War II Air Force training base, the MSR Acura effort was led to the checkers by the #86 entry of Tom Dyer, Oswaldo “Ozz” Negri Jr. and Jeff Segal, who finished eighth in the GTD class after stretching the fuel mileage of their NSX GT3 to the maximum in the closing hours. Continue reading Eighth-Place Finish for Acura NSX GT3 at Sebring
Michael Shank Racing Readies Acura’s Sebring Effort
• Acura NSX GT3s to tackle Saturday’s Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
• Endurance racing classic is tough on cars, drivers, team
• Acura leads GTD North American Endurance Championship after strong Rolex 24 run
SEBRING, Fla. (March 14, 2017) – Following a highly successful endurance sports-car racing debut in January at Daytona International Speedway, Michael Shank Racing returns to Florida with its pair of Acura NSX GT3s for the second endurance racing classic of the 2017 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Saturday’s Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. Continue reading Michael Shank Racing Readies Acura’s Sebring Effort
RealTime Racing Acura NSX GT3 Earns Pair of Top 10s in 2017 Debut
• Peter Kox earns series Hard Charger Award in Saturday’s opener
• Acura NSX GT3 makes its first street-course start in PWC competition.
• Ryan Eversley scores top-10 finish in Sunday’s event
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla (March 12, 2017) – The Acura NSX GT3s of RealTime Racing debuted in solid fashion this weekend, earning a pair of top-10 finishes as the 2017 Pirelli World Challenge season opened at St. Petersburg, Florida with a pair of events.
The weekend was a study in perseverance for both Ryan Eversley and Peter Kox as both drivers battled through misfortune that prevented their weekends from being resounding successes. Continue reading RealTime Racing Acura NSX GT3 Earns Pair of Top 10s in 2017 Debut
Bourdais Goes Last to First to Win for Honda at St. Petersburg
• Rebounds from qualifying crash to win 2017 Indy car season opener
• Dixon charges to third, last-lap pass nets fourth for Hunter-Reay
• Honda drivers claim four of the top five, seven of top-10 finishing positions
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (March 12, 2017) – Sebastien Bourdais and his Dale Coyne Racing team used a fast Honda and perfect race strategy to come from 21st and last on the starting grid to win Sunday’s Verizon IndyCar Series season-opening Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
A crash in qualifying on Saturday left Bourdais starting shotgun on the field at the green flag for the 110-lap event, but a series of passes and early caution flags saw him move to 12th after just 10 laps. Another caution on Lap 25 – in the midst of scheduled first-round pit stops – presented him with a huge opportunity, and Bourdais was quick to take advantage, restarting in second and then passing for the lead on Lap 37.
From there, Bourdais was in control, leading 69 of 110 laps enroute to his 36th career IndyCar victory, moving him to sole possession of 6th on the all-time win’s list. Continue reading Bourdais Goes Last to First to Win for Honda at St. Petersburg
Front Row Start for Honda, Scott Dixon at the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
• Dixon, James Hinchcliffe lead qualifying effort for Honda
• Three Honda teams, four drivers reach “Firestone Fast Six” final qualifying shootout
• 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series opens Sunday
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (March 11, 2017) – Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon again led the Honda effort Saturday at the season-opening Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, advancing to the “Firestone Fast Six” final qualifying round. Dixon will start Sunday’s Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg from the outside of the front row, second.
In all, three Honda Verizon IndyCar Series teams advanced through two rounds of “knockout” qualifying to make the final, led by Schmidt Peterson Motorsports James Hinchcliffe, who will start third. In his first race with Andretti Autosport, veteran Takuma Sato qualified fifth, with Dixon’s teammate Tony Kanaan rounding out the top six. Continue reading Front Row Start for Honda, Scott Dixon at the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
Honda, Scott Dixon Set The Pace in Practice at Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
• Dixon leads afternoon session and the day
• Marco Andretti paces morning practice
• 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series opens Sunday
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (March 10, 2017) – Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon led the field in “opening day” practice to officially start the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series season Friday in advance of Sunday’s Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
Dixon’s best lap of 1:02.5591 around the waterfront St. Petersburg circuit was the quickest in the afternoon practice, as Honda drivers claimed six of the top 10 positions on the day. Charlie Kimball, Tony Kanaan and Sebastien Bourdais ended Friday in third through fifth, respectively, with James Hinchcliffe seventh overall. Marco Andretti led the morning practice, and finished the day eighth overall.
Activities on the temporary street circuit continue tomorrow with final practice and qualifying. Sunday’s 110-lap season-opening race starts at 12:30 p.m. EDT, with live network television coverage on ABC.
Scott Dixon (Chip Ganassi Racing Honda): “I think it started generally well. We’ve done some good homework in the offseason for ourselves, to see how the competition stacks up. I think tomorrow will be interesting once the other competitors turn it up. We’ll see where it goes. I was generally comfortable today, in a different rhythm from what I had here previously with the car. I think we can owe that to some fundamental changes we made throughout winter. At the end of the day, it’s still just Friday – it doesn’t pay anything, doesn’t mean anything. Hopefully what we learned today, we can continue on and help improve the car come tomorrow, and more importantly for the race on Sunday.”
RealTime Racing Acura NSX GT3 Team Set For Season Debut
• Ryan Eversley, Peter Kox to compete in new Acura NSX GT3 machines
• RealTime Racing has three wins and 13 podiums on Florida street circuit
• Acura NSX GT3 to make its first street-course start in PWC competition.
TORRANCE, Calif, (March 7, 2017) – The Acura Pirelli World Challenge program with RealTime Racing enters a new era this weekend as the team rolls out the brand-new Acura NSX GT3 for the 2017 season opener in St. Petersburg, Florida.
The new Acura NSX supercar will make its first full-season appearance in the PWC, running with 14-time PWC champion RealTime Racing, which again partners with Honda Performance Development for the 20-race GT class championship. The series, which features some of the world’s most exotic race cars including McLaren, Mercedes and Aston Martin, kicks off its season on the streets of St. Petersburg with races on March 11 and 12. Continue reading RealTime Racing Acura NSX GT3 Team Set For Season Debut
Honda Strengthens Effort for 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series
• Chip Ganassi Racing joins Honda lineup
• Honda, returning teams make improvements
• Season opens Sunday in St. Petersburg, Florida
TORRANCE, Calif. (March 8, 2017) – Improvements throughout – led by the return of the championship-winning Chip Ganassi Racing organization – highlight the Honda effort as the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series opens this weekend at the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
Featuring a talented full-season lineup and updated Honda Indy V6 engine, Honda opens the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series seeking its seventh competitive manufacturers’ championship and 12th Indianapolis 500 victory in the last 15 years. Continue reading Honda Strengthens Effort for 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series
Acura Reveals Exciting NSX GT3 Pirelli World Challenge Liveries
• RealTime Racing and Acura Motorsports NSX GT3 will make Pirelli World Challenge debut at season-opening Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
• Peter Kox teams with returning Ryan Eversley in full-time driving lineup
• Endurance racers Tom Dyer and Mark Wilkins join for Sprint-X rounds
TORRANCE, CA (March 1, 2017) – Unveiled today, the RealTime Racing liveries in the 2017 Pirelli World Challenge will feature an exciting combination of the team’s traditional blue, white and orange colors for the team’s pair of cars – including RTR’s signature “squircles” – in a mirror-image pattern common to both Acura Motorsports NSX GT3 racing efforts this year. Continue reading Acura Reveals Exciting NSX GT3 Pirelli World Challenge Liveries
Aleshin Leads the Way for Honda in Final Indy Car Pre-Season Practice
• Mikhail Aleshin leads Honda contingent in “The Test in the West”
• 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series opens March 12 in St. Petersburg, Florida
PHOENIX, Ariz. (February 11, 2017) – Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ Mikhail Aleshin led the Honda contingent at the two-day “Test in the West” at Phoenix International Raceway, posting the sixth fastest speed during the Saturday afternoon session as the Verizon IndyCar Series field completed preparations for the 2017 season. Continue reading Aleshin Leads the Way for Honda in Final Indy Car Pre-Season Practice
Honda Ridgeline Baja Race Truck Takes Third at Parker 425
• Ridgeline Baja Race Truck opens 2017 season with a podium result
• Racing version of current 2017 Honda Ridgeline
PARKER, Arizona (Feb. 5, 2017) – The Honda Ridgeline Baja Race Truck opened the 2017 off-road racing season with a strong performance Saturday in the southwestern Arizona desert, leading and finishing third in the “7200” class at the Parker 425.
The season-opening round of the Best In The Desert series, the Parker 425 features a rugged course with wide-ranging conditions, from sand washes and rough rock sections to wide-open rally roads. Continue reading Honda Ridgeline Baja Race Truck Takes Third at Parker 425
Top-Five Finish for Acura NSX GT3 at Daytona Debut
• Michael Shank Racing effort dominates nighttime hours of the Rolex 24
• Acura NSX GT3s lead 27 percent of race laps in 24-hour endurance classic
• Acura wins first GTD round of 2017 North American Endurance Championship
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 29, 2017) – The Acura NSX GT3 completed a highly successful endurance sports car racing debut Saturday and Sunday at the Daytona International Speedway in Florida, as a pair of Michael Shank Racing Acuras dominated the nighttime hours, leading 171 of 634 laps, prior to a best finish of fifth in the 27-car GTD field at the season-opening Rolex 24. Continue reading Top-Five Finish for Acura NSX GT3 at Daytona Debut
Acura Motorsports Report
IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship 24-hour endurance race
Daytona International Speedway (3.56-mile road course) Daytona Beach, FL
Weather: Mostly sunny, windy, mild, 78 degrees F
Top-10 Qualifying Runs for Michael Shank Racing at Daytona
• Acura NSX GT3s qualify seventh and ninth in competitive 27-car GTD field
• Acura effort heads all new GTD manufacturer entries
• Saturday’s Rolex 24 opens the 2017 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 26, 2017) – The Michael Shank Racing effort, led by drivers Andy Lally and Jeff Segal, posted top-10 runs in their Acura NSX GT3s during qualifying Thursday at Daytona International Speedway for this weekend’s Rolex 24, the opening round in the 2017 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Continue reading Acura Motorsports Report Rolex 24 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship 24-hour endurance race
Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3s Debut at Daytona
• First public WeatherTech SportsCar Championship outing for new Acura NSX GT3s
• Three-day test in preparation for season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona
• 2017 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season starts January 28
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 8, 2017) – The Michael Shank Racing effort, featuring a pair of new Acura NSX GT3 race cars and a stellar, eight-driver lineup of proven race winners, made its public debut this weekend at the “Roar Before the 24”, an open test conducted at Daytona International Speedway in preparation for the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season-opening Rolex 24 later this month. Continue reading Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3s Debut at Daytona
Shea Racing, Honda Performance Development
Expand 2017 Pirelli World Challenge Program
• Tom O’Gorman to run 2017 Honda Civic Si
• B-Spec champion O’Gorman moves up to TCA competition
• Shea Holbrook, Jason Fichter will campaign Honda Accords in TC
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (December 9, 2016) – Honda Performance Development is pleased to announce that Shea Racing will expand the team’s Pirelli World Challenge racing effort in 2017, fielding reigning B-Spec champion Tom O’Gorman in a new Honda Civic Si in the TCA category, while continuing to run a pair of Touring Car-class Honda Accords for drivers Shea Holbrook and Jason Fichter.
The all-new 2017 Honda Civic Si, featuring exclusive racing parts developed by HPD and its partners, will also be available to Honda Racing Line customers who wish to build and race their own cars. Continue reading Shea Racing, Honda Performance Development Expand 2017 Pirelli World Challenge Program
Hunter-Reay, Rahal Complete Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Rolex 24 Lineup
• Ryan Hunter-Reay and Graham Rahal complete Michael Shank Racing lineup for season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway
• Pair to join MSR drivers Tom Dyer, Andy Lally, Katherine Legge, Ozz Negri, Jeff Segal and Mark Wilkins at Daytona
SANTA CLARITA, CA (Dec. 8, 2016) – Indianapolis 500 winner and series champion Ryan Hunter-Reay will join Verizon IndyCar Series race winner Graham Rahal to complete the Michael Shank Racing (MSR) Acura NSX GT3 driving lineup at the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway in January.
The Indy car pilots will join MSR full-season drivers Andy Lally, Katherine Legge, Oswaldo “Ozz” Negri Jr., and Jeff Segal; and endurance drivers Tom Dyer and Mark Wilkins, aboard the #86 and #93 Acura NSX GT3s which the team will field at Daytona in the opening round of the 2017 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Continue reading Hunter-Reay, Rahal Complete Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Rolex 24 Lineup
2017 Acura NSX GT3 Driver Lineup Features Talent, Experience
• Michael Shank Racing to campaign in IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship with drivers Lally, Legge, Negri, Segal
• RealTime Racing drivers Eversley, Kox to compete in SCCA Pirelli World Challenge
• Driver Meet-and-Greet at the Acura SEMA Booth 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 1
LAS VEGAS (Nov. 1, 2016) – Acura Motorsports today announced that Michael Shank Racing (MSR) and RealTime Racing will field impressive and experienced driver lineups in the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and SCCA Pirelli World Challenge. Continue reading 2017 Acura NSX GT3 Driver Lineup Features Talent, Experience
RealTime Acuras Both Earn Top-10 Finishes in World Challenge Season Finale
• Ryan Eversley finishes sixth in season standings to lead 2016 Acura PWC effort
• Spencer Pumpelly finishes ninth in season finale for RealTime Racing
• Acura drivers gained 14 positions from their starting spots on Sunday
MONTEREY, Calif. – (October 11, 2016) – The 2016 Pirelli World Challenge season ended with a bang Sunday afternoon in Monterey, California, as the Acura TLXs of RealTime Racing deftly avoided a last-lap dustup and finished with a pair of top-10 finishes in the season finale.
A late caution forced a one-lap shootout for the win on the twisty 2.238-mile Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca layout, but Spencer Pumpelly sidestepped trouble to finish ninth, while Ryan Eversley survived late contact and followed his teammate home for a 10th-place result. Eversley’s result moved him to sixth place in the PWC GT final standings, matching the best season result ever posted by the Acura TLX GT. Continue reading RealTime Acuras Both Earn Top-10 Finishes in World Challenge Season Finale
Honda, Olsbergs MSE Finish the 2016 Red Bull Global Rallycross Season
• Joni Wiman Captures Fifth-Place Finish for Olsbergs MSE
• All Three Honda Racing Drivers Competed in the Final Race of 2016
• Honda Secures a Third-Place Finish in the Season-Long Manufacturers’ Championship
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (October 9, 2016) – In the final event of the 2016 Red Bull Global Rallycross season, Honda and Olsbergs MSE collected another top-five finish with driver Joni Wiman. The result caps off the manufacturer’s first season competing in Red Bull GRC, with a total of five podium results in the turbocharged 2016 Honda Civic Coupe. Continue reading Honda, Olsbergs MSE Finish the 2016 Red Bull Global Rallycross Season
Honda, Olsbergs MSE Prepare for Global Rallycross Season Finale in Los Angeles
• Sebastian Eriksson and Joni Wiman Look to Defend Podium Results from Seattle
• Honda Civic Coupes Debut on Home Turf, in Southern California
• Honda is in a Battle for Second Place in Season-Long Manufacturers’ Championship
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (October 4, 2016) – In the final Red Bull Global Rallycross Championship events of the season, the Olsbergs MSE team and drivers Sebastian Eriksson and Joni Wiman anticipate an exciting doubleheader weekend at the Port of Los Angeles. Red Bull Global Rallycross Los Angeles Presented by Honda will not only feature sponsorship from the manufacturer, but the shortest circuit of the 2016 season, at just .699 miles in length. Continue reading Honda, Olsbergs MSE Prepare for Global Rallycross Season Finale in Los Angeles